Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

TVOICE this week

Well, I am here at last.  The final exam and I will be taking it this week then I am CCNP Voice certified.  Once that is complete and the new 300 exams come out for CIPTV2, I will be getting that exam knocked out as well to convert the NP Voice over to NP Collaboration.  It's been ten years since I started in the industry and it's strange that I just now decided to get these exams done.  It's been a long road and while not the end, there is still a nice little vacation spot for me knowing I completed a milestone.  I will continue to post relevant data here on voice as that is my career but I will also be veering off into other adventures too.  I may go CCNA Wireless then obtain my CCNP Wireless as that is another hot industry. 

Things have been slow lately.  I have had time to study (which is good), but also come across some relatively different things while working on internal company stuff for our telepresence and voice upgrades.  I think the biggest thing is licensing and how much of a pain in the butt it is to deal with at times.  We are in the process of getting new equipment and licenses and the TMS is one of those things that I will be rebuilding from scratch.  Yes, I could technically export the SQL database, in fact I already have but decided I would rather build it from the ground up since this server is something I need to deploy to customers.

I know TMS and understand it fairly well, but from a design perspective and installing/configuring from scratch, well not so much.  Our biggest issue right now is the TMS is on a physical Windows Server 2003 box.  That box is EOS/EOL and has been for a long time.  The new one will be virtualized and thus we just need to convert the licenses from hardware to software and then bring it up.  I don't think it will be very hard but I may record the entire process for those that would like to see it from beginning to end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment