Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2015

Cisco MediaSense Recording

     For those of you that use MediaSense or are considering it.   I've never had the pleasure (or displeasure) of working with the system.  Basically, MediaSense lets you record conversations be placing it in between the IP Phone and the CUCM.  With the call recording, the media gets forked which basically duplicates the RTP audio and sends it to the Cisco MediaSense.  As of today, only the Cisco IP Phone and CUBE can fork the media.  The idea behind the CUBE is that it can record other SIP devices not Cisco related as well as two external calls like a cell phone to another cell phone (Think Mobile Voice Access). 

     Rather than type out an entire blog on the topic, you can go to this link here: http://www.voicecerts.com/2015/03/cisco-uc-call-recording-with-mediasense.html 
for more information and a better overview of what it does.  Additionally, here is the link to the EOS/EOL announcementfor 9.X.  Luckily, 10.X is out there so Cisco MediaSense isn't going anywhere.  I'd also like to point out that I had to amend this article as I had made a boo boo about saying MediaSense was being retired when in fact only 9.X was being put away.  Cisco continues to develop this technology. 


2 comments:

  1. Umm, that is only EOS/EOL for Media Sense 9 and not the whole product, so 10.x is still an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrected the post, thanks. Never had experience and it was requested that I make a post to it, rather than try to explain it, I put a link to the overview. This is part of the reason why I don't like to post about things like this. I did a quick search on it and saw an EOL/EOS statement but guess I missed the 10.x version. Thanks for the notice.

    ReplyDelete