Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

This blogs first post

I would first like to start off to let anyone who somehow manages to read this know that this is my first blog.  I decided I needed to start writing something periodically, if not daily about my daily experiences in my profession.  I don't claim to be the best VoIP engineer but I do know what I am doing (for the most part).

On a regular basis I maintain, design, install, and troubleshoot Cisco UC issues.  I have a running record on Cisco since I started to post on their support forums and managed to get about 150 points worth which gets be a bronze star (that starts at 100 I believe).  I also managed to get the community spotlight for January but I think that was just because I was the only one that submitted any kind of content that was in depth.

On a personal side, I'm a happily married man of seven years and counting.  No kids...yet and am working on finding new interests.  I am a veteran of the US Army and have deployed to Baghdad for the entire year of 2006 and December of 2005.  I am an avid firearms enthusiast, I love corvettes, classic cars, and computer / video games.  I think of myself as a dedicated man who gets the job done and isn't afraid to ask for help when he doesn't know or understand something.

For those that share my interests in gaming, I am on Steam as AAChaoshand and you are more than welcome to add me, just make sure you let me know at some point who you are so I know you came from this blog.  I am also a huge fan of Soccer, both European and US (US preferred obviously).  Between Houston Dynamo and FC Dallas, I can't choose either as my favorite since I like both.  Finally, I am not one to judge anyone until they have proven themselves one way or the other.  Beliefs are irrelevant to me as everyone has a right to live their life the way they choose.  I don't hold anything against anyone for something they truly believe in.

I don't plan on updating this blog daily but I will try my best to get around to at least 3-4 times a week if possible.  When I get home from work I am completely exhausted and tend to forget about the small things. The primary purpose of this blog is to just share my Cisco VoIP experiences with others in an effort to help someone else that may run int the same issues as I have.  Additionally, I will be posting my perspective on certain configurations and what certain concepts mean to me.  I would hope that this could shed some light on some Cisco ideas that can be difficult to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment