Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

Modifying device line buttons saying "Fixed Feature"

So today I was whipping up a new DID scheme for a user since they have been getting to many calls on their current lines since they were not being masked correctly. Easy enough. I got a new set of DIDs for them in the pool and assigned them appropriately and let the know that their voice mail would be changed since the DIDs were changing and everything is LDAP synced. Yes, technically I could do it the hard way but we don't hand code anything unless necessary for voice mail. I had a few phones that had a message on them when I was modifying the line order saying "Fixed Feature Button". This didn't make much sense to me since nothing on that line is a feature other than the line itself and the other phones didn't have this problem. After investigating a little more I saw people completely deleting that line and to me, that isn't an acceptable solution. I ended up disassociating that line with the phone then adding it back in without redoing everything. Since this happened on three different phones, deleting and re-adding would have taken to much time. Once I disassociated the line on the phones then put the line back on all was good. Not a huge deal, but a I guess this was a bug from 9.X that still hasn't been resolved...

1 comment:

  1. Irony Bars at TI: Titanium Hip | TITIAN Hip
    At TI: TITE, your favorite cocktails ridge wallet titanium are crafted with the help titanium strength of titanium ranger our ford titanium ecosport TITE cocktail-making partners. citizen titanium dive watch These premium hot sauce and the signature Habanero

    ReplyDelete